The Mountain West Data Librarian Symposium was hosted by the University of Colorado Boulder and will take place on August 13-14, 2018 in Boulder, Colorado. The 2019 MWDLS is currently seeking planning committee members until September 14, 2018.
The Mountain West Data Librarian Symposium is intended to provide librarians located in the Mountain West region who work with research data management issues the chance to network and gain valuable training. However, it is open to all who wish to attend, including future data librarians and data librarians located outside the Mountain West region. Registration will be capped at 60 attendees.
The meeting is modeled after the successful Midwest Data Librarian Symposium, now in its fourth year. The program will consist of workshops, unconference sessions, and networking opportunities. Topics covered may include teaching research data management, data sharing and re-use, data curation and preservation, and data literacy.
2018 Planning Committee
- Chealsye Bowley; Community Manager, Ubiquity Press (Chair)
- Teresa Auch Schultz; Social Sciences Librarian, University of Nevada, Reno
- Wladimir Labeikovsky; Bioinformationist; University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Tobin Magle; Cyberinfrastructure Facilitator, Colorado State University
- Tisha Mentnech; Research Librarian, University of Utah
- Katie Mika; Data Services Librarian, University of Colorado Boulder (2018 Host Representative)
- Jenny Muilenburg; Research Data Services Librarian, University of Washington
- Matthew Murray; Library Fellow, Scholarly Communication Initiatives; University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Fernando Rios; Research Data Management Specialist, University of Arizona
- Amanda K. Sprochi; Health Sciences Cataloger, University of Missouri
Questions should be directed to MountainWestDLS@gmail.com. Follow this site or @MountainWestDLS on Twitter for updates!